I have been ill for a few months now with various things. Anemia, Irritable bowel, Pneumonia, Influenza, Sinus infection, Rheumatiod arthritis, etc. and frankly I am tired and tired of not feeling well. On Monday I felt great and had a good day. I was on new meds and things were looking up. I went to bed Monday night and was ill all night with various symptoms - so ill in fact that I had to call in to a job that I had just chosen the night before. I did work a half day but jeez! I have to say that the beauty of being a substitute teacher allows me to call in and search for a job for the next day if I haven't already been requested or gotten a call to work. That has been a God send for me because I can say when I want to work.
Through all this "stuff" I have tried to maintain an overcoming attitude and I have great friends who listen to me rant. (You know who you are!) I haven't always suceeded in that - ask my husband - but I've continued to do whatever I've been able to do and I've pushed myself on more than a few occasions. But just when I think I have it all planned out - it sometimes falls apart. I believe that God is directing my steps - at least when I stop to listen and I am learning to be diligent in that. Before this, I hadn't been a person who liked change and to some point I still do not like change. Subbing and being chronically ill has been a way that I've had to come out of my comfort zone and trust in Him. There is no other way to get through life right now! I have been a Christian for some time now and I am glad for God's direction and have been glad for God's direction throughout my life.
So just when you think you've got it all planned out - be ready for change because it is going to happen. Isn't that what life is really all about? We are always in flux - changing and growing to meet the needs that pop up. In getting ready for change and while you're going through change, be even more diligent to seek His face and He will direct your paths.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not unto your own understanding.
In all your ways, acknowledge Him and
He will direct your path." Proverbs 3: 5,6
No comments:
Post a Comment