I have been reading another blog for some time now and I haven't always liked what I've read but I read it because the person who writes it often has good insight. Let me explain. The blog is by a young lady that is one of my daughter's friends. I really admire this young woman for all she has done and accomplished. She fervently yearns to be used of God and do His will. However, because she is young, she has many ideas that are good ones but sometimes her "wisdom" is a little off. She - as we all do at times- sometimes sees things as very black and white, very one-sided, very this is the only way to do it, when things are often not at all that way. I am a little older and I can see where she is coming from, but I often want to say "wait until you are a little older and wiser". At the same time, I don't want to be cynical - I don't know everything - far from it and I want to keep an open mind.
Her post today on compassion was a great one. You can see it at (http://www.katiespeer.wordpress.com/) under her 4/8/08 posting labeled COMPASSION. I urge you to read it and let her know how you feel. I hope that you will be changed when you reflect on what she says. Even if we are being compassionate and helping others and serving God, we can never do enough. I'd like to add here that we need to work together. Whether your church is in the city or the suburb or the country, we need to each do our part as a body and individually and work together for the common good of man. That's what we are here for. We need to lay aside personal feelings or conflicts or doctrinal differences and do what God has placed on our heart to do. Whatever it takes...... If you don't feel that HE is calling you to reach a specific group, open your eyes to the needs in your area, then pray and ask Him for his direction. Kate has a great listing of groups that you can help in her area, but there are probably many where you live.
No comments:
Post a Comment