I hate being late. I know hate is a strong word, but it is true for me. Even more so, I like to be early. Not on time to the minute - five minutes early is good, 10 minutes early is better. Unfortunately my husband does not see eye-to-eye with me on this. I am embarassed if I am late and with him I am never on time. God must be in Heaven laughing, if He even takes the time to notice with all the other things He has to do. I often wonder why He put my husband and I together. At first I thought that we each might come a little closer to the middle of issues that we disagreed upon and for some things we have. This issue of time management and being on time still persists --even after almost 24 years of marriage.
I have a separate car and when it matters and I can, we drive separately. More gas but much less stress for me. But there are times when it matters and we must go together and that is when the friction occurs. If you add to that the fact that I am stressed already and tired, it is not good. I will admit that I often bite my tongue and/or blame my lateness on my beloved -- and he admits it. Some times I lose it like I did today. I have enough to do and I just needed one more thing. (I should be doing homework instead of typing this but I need to chill) I apologized for my behavior after the fact but why oh why can't he just pay attention and be ready five minutes earlier????
I pray for this situation on a regular basis. I'm not perfect and neither is my spouse. I hope that he prays for me about things that bother him too. I love him dearly except in this one thing. What's a wife to do?? My daughter has adopted my earlyness and my son has adopted his own time table like my husband does. Although he will make a great husband someday, I pity his wife in this area. Pray for her!!!
Must go back to homework.........
No comments:
Post a Comment