Monday, August 9, 2010

musings

Monday.  I have a hard time with you.  I certainly need coffee today as I sit here and write this.  I have such a headache and I'm tired but I need to get busy doing lesson plans and such.  Right after I finish this blog entry.

Scott has had a friend from college visiting and yesterday they traveled to Buffalo.  I don't care how old they get -- I don't sleep well until I know they're home.  When they are away at college I don't worry as much.  Isn't that strange?

Our pastor has been speaking on very timely topics lately.  He has asked "Why are Christians so mean?".  The sermon yesterday was along the same lines -- using scriptures from Matthew to bring out his point.

      Matthew 7:1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge   others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

So my random though this morning (as I posted on Facebook) was this: We need to accept people for who they are as we see them - face to face - and pray for God to move on their lives and make them who He wants them to be instead of trying to cram them into the mold of who we think that they should be.....

So much to do today!  May you be blessed!
KG

No comments: