Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wow.

It's been a really busy two weeks for me -- spent time getting my "kids" ready for back to college.  Didn't do a lot for Melissa - she is pretty self-sufficient, but had to help Scott pack and get things he'd need for his apartment.  Last year he lived in the dorms and this year it is a college apartment so he needed more stuff.  We did eye doctor appointments, dental, plus other doctor stuff for Scott.  We found out he is lactose intolerant at least and we're still trying to get to the bottom of other symptoms. 

It was particularly hard for me to send Scott off.  He has been through a lot this summer and in the past years of school.  I am praying that this is a great year for him.  He was plagued with bronchitis and ear infections last year, as well as stomach issues.  He does have some hearing impairment as a result of a lifetime of ear problems, and that makes him a little anxious about school.  He picked audio engineering as a major -- even though I am a little leary of his success in this field, I know he can do whatever he decides to do and I'm believing that God will heal him and give him strength.  School is 8 hours away for him, and he really is growing and maturing by being so far away but it is hard. 

Melissa is only an hour and a half away and this is her senior year!  I'm excited and I know she'll do well.  I'm not sure what the future holds for her but she is in a great field and she does what needs to be done. 

Glen has spent a lot of time at the other house as the city has decided that they need to inspect every year and every year they find something else they don't like.  They are inspectiong tomorrow. 

I've been ill for the last few days with a cold that Glen had and passed along to me and to Scott.  It's hit me pretty hard.  I'm on some meds for my psoriasis that lower my immunities and I never seem to just get a cold but they linger for some time.  Feeling  a little better today but still not doing much as my energy is low.  I'm looking forward to a vacation weekend with Glen over Labor day and trying to get back in the swing of things so that I can enjoy it.

Glen has found a trailer that he wants to look at.  We are thinking of moving and selling this  house for many reasons.  I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to move but I'm willing to look.  This trailer is a double wide and actually has more square foot than the house we live in.  IT's only 3 years old and in a good location.  So we'll see. 

Be blessed.
KG

No comments: