Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Answers

I am blogging this at the suggestion of a fellow blogger and it really made me think.

What was I doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago (1998) I was a homeschooling mom. I'd been married for 13 years and when we had children I was able to stay at home and raise them. I was taking Melissa to sewing lessons as part of her schooling and helping out at one of the local food banks with both children in tow. They helped too. We were living in the house that my husband bought as a student before we met. It is an inner city house with a big flat upstairs and two smaller apartments downstairs. WE rented out the apartments to pay the mortgage and lived there "rent" free.

Five things on my to do list today -
1) Vacuum, Vacuum and more vacuum
2) Laundry - maybe two loads
3) Make beef stew
4) Attack the kitchen table mess - It's a catch all for mail and stuff
5) Call the lab and find out when I have to go back for more blood tests- I actually got
on the computer to look up the phone number and got distracted doing this!

Five snacks I enjoy
Not all of which are healthy

Ice Cream - mostly not chocolate
Combos pretzel snacks
Grapes
Yogurt - Dannon Light and Fit
bagels

Things I would do if I were a millionaire
Buy a new house - not a huge one - or fix and add on to the one we live in now
Buy my mom a house
Hire a housekeeper for things I couldn't do
Travel and do short term missions
Pay off my kids' college loans
Finish my Master's Degree full-time
Invest, invest, invest
Be philanthropic in my giving
Maybe adopt (if I had a bigger house)
Buy some nice clothes
Help Glen do whatever it his he wants to do
Take Tuba or Baritone lessons

Places I have lived
All in Central NY
Syracuse
Canastota
Utica
Clinton

Places I have visited
Canada - Toronto and Ontario Province
Niagara Falls
Reynoldsville and Punxatawney, Pennsylvania
Washington, DC
Greenville, SC
Pensacola, Florida
Fort Myers, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Merritt Island, Florida
Williamsburg, VA
Many places between here and my mother-in-laws in Nebraska

Jobs I have had
Worked with ARC when I was in high school
Worked for security at a nearby college while I was a student there
Nursing Assistant in a hospital - 3 years 11p-7a, 4 years in Surgery
(I have lots of gory stories from that job too)
More nursing assistant work after Scott was born - 6 months on a Rehabilitation floor 3 - 11 pm
Helped my husband with his business (in the office)
Clerical work for March of Dimes
Clerical work for Sal Caruso Cheese
Babysitter/Day Care
Clerical work for an insurance company one summer
Temporary work in a television factory
Clerk at Byrne Dairy
Substitute teacher in many area elementary schools
MOM - the most important one

Thanks for the suggestion for this post, Hannah!

No comments: