Sunday, October 19, 2008

time alone

Well, I'm home alone for the second time this weekend.... Glen and Scott (my husband and son) left early this morning to drive to Buffalo, NY to see a Bills game with friends and they won't be back until later this evening. So I have the usual dishes, laundry, and cleaning to do but I also want to work on bills and I am going to try and get out a bit today. That means I need to hustle a bit and I'm not in the hustle mood. I may let some of the cleaning slide, after all it will be there tomorrow.

Fluffy is watching me as I type. She is very animated and I am fond of her in a weird kind of way. She is a bearded dragon and her life is lived inside a 40 gallon glass terrarium. Although she actually belongs to my son Scott, I am usually her chief caretaker. I can honestly say I have kept her alive. She used to live upstairs in my son's room but there wasn't much to see up there and I wanted her to have a better life. She now resides in the living room, right next to the computer and across from the door. She is funny though, watching the letters as I type across the page and watching my fingers move as if they were some tasty morsel. She has no teeth so I'm in no danger and she is, after all, on the other side of the glass. I do take her out sometimes and she sits on my shoulder. Last year she especially liked "24" because that was when I had time to sit and let her out. Her other favorite activities include watching our dog Ziki spin in circles at the door when she wants to go out. She is knows when anyone comes into the house and pays attention. Currently Fluffy is free to a good home on Craig's list as my son will be eventually going away for college.









So I must be off...... I guess I'm off a little anyway - just ask anyone. Time to shower and dress and get things done.

Pray, think, make good decisions according to your faith!






No comments: