I can hardly wait until spring. I think I've been cold since September! But in talking with my daughter the other day I don't think I'd choose to live anywhere else than central New York. I love the four seasons - I don't like the snow - but I love the things you can do here that you can't do anywhere else. I love the food with have. Greens, Chicken Riggies, and pizza that you can't find anywhere else. My son, Scott, will attest to that. He is home for the weekend and says that you can't get a decent pizza where he is in western New York.
That said it is a nice day here. Not warm out yet but the weather people promise a "warmer" day - in the 20's and 30's this weekend instead of below zero or the single digits. As I sit and type I can see the sun - a rare commodity lately - and I am encouraged. I have somewhat to do today. First, homework then a little shopping and then later duties at church. In between all that I get to be a mother. I cherish the days that my "children" come home from college and they are both here this weekend. Both needed to see the doctor yesterday - different specialists, sadly. Melissa had her upper wisdom teeth pulled early yesterday and right now is sleeping. Scott has been having ongoing massive ear infections in his right ear since September and needed to see the ENT. If you read this post and you are the praying kind of person, please pray for healing for him. Long story - but he doesn't hear well out of his other ear and this infection has complicated things.
Must do homework. Lots to do today. Be Blessed and stay warm. Spend time thanking God for family and friends.
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment